NO PURCHASE OR SURVEY PARTICIPATION
NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR SURVEY PARTICIPATION
WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Who Can Enter. The Drawing is open to any natural person who is a legal resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) or Canada(excluding Quebec) and who is eighteen (18) years old or older. Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, IDG Research Services Group, and/or International Data Group (IDG), or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, or agents (including without limitation advertising and promotion agencies), as well as their immediate families and household members, are NOT eligible to participate in the Drawing or win.
3. How to Enter. Potential Entrants may enter the Drawing by completing and submitting the online survey and contact form.
4. Entry Deadline. Potential Entrants may enter the Drawing beginning Thursday, August 30, 2012 and ending Wednesday, October 31 2012. All entries must be received on or before 5:00 PM EST on Wednesday, October 31 2012. Only one entry per individual may be submitted, regardless of entry method. Each Entrant must provide his or her e-mail address. Notification of winning will be provided only be e-mail. Late, incomplete, computer-generated script, or other automated entries are not eligible and are void. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone, modem, or facsimile machine failure, or for incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmissions.
5. Prize. One winner will be randomly selected for the prize of one Amazon gift certificate with a suggested retail value of approximately $1,200.00 at the time the Drawing began. The prize is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any prize one or more items of equal or greater value. The winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state, provincial, local, and other taxes, fees, duties, insurance, or other amounts owed on any prize or any other liabilities incurred in connection with the Drawing. For purposes of compliance with tax regulations, the winner must provide his or her Social Security number or taxpayer ID to claim the prize. Only the winner will need to provide this information.
6. Prize Drawing; Odds of Winning. The prize drawing will be held on or around Thursday, November 15, 2012. A winner will be selected from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor estimates that an average of 50,000 individuals entered each of the last three similar drawings held by Sponsor.However, past participation may not be an accurate indicator of participation in this Drawing, and the actual number of Entrants may be smaller or greater than this average. In order to win a prize, residents of Canada may be required to answer correctly a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via telephone.
7. Winner Notification and Prize Claim. The winner will be notified via e-mail sent to the address specified in the winner’s entry. The winner will be required to respond to the e-mail to acknowledge receipt of the prize, and also may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request. If (a) Sponsor does not receive the winner’s complete response within the time specified in the prize notification, (b) the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (c) a winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to Sponsor’s instructions, (d) the winner otherwise fails to claim the prize properly, or (e) the winner is determined to be ineligible, then the prize will be awarded to a replacement winner drawn at random from the pool of remaining eligible Entrants. The replacement winner will need to satisfy all of the requirements of these Rules. This process will be repeated until the prize is awarded. It is the sole responsibility of each Entrant to notify Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with thee-mail address. The winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
8. Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines (a) has tampered with the entry process, the operation of the Drawing, or the survey website or affiliated websites, (b) has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner,or with intent to annoy or harass Sponsor, other Entrants, or any other person or entity; or (c) to be ineligible under, or otherwise in violation of, these Rules or any of the Policies. Any attempt by an Entrant to commit any of the acts of misconduct set forth in this section may be a violation of civil and criminal law and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion,to suspend, modify, or terminate the Drawing at any time for any reason,including but not limited to as a result of fraud, financial or administrative difficulties, a technical problem (such as a computer virus/bug), or unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness,integrity, or proper functioning of the Drawing. Should the Drawing ever terminate, notice will be posted on the survey website at www.pcworld.com/rs rules and Sponsor will announce an alternate means for awarding the prize.
10. Limits of Liability; Release. By entering the Drawing, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor will have no responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from entry or participation in the Drawing or the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Drawing, each Entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, each of their respective parents,subsidiaries, affiliates, and divisions, and each of their respective officers,directors, employees, and agents (including but not limited to advertising and promotion agencies) from any and all losses, damages, costs, and liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with: (a) the Drawing; (b) any violation by Entrant of these Rules; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt,or use of any prize; (d) any incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate information caused by any technical, human, or other errors that may occur in the operation of the Drawing, including without limitation any printing or typographical errors in any Drawing materials; (e) any technical malfunctions (errors,omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) or unavailability of any computer, on-line system, network,telephone, modem, facsimile machine, server, or other communications equipment or provider, including but not limited to any e-mail transmission failure(proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery); (f) any stolen,misdirected, incomplete, illegible, improperly transmitted, lost, late,ineligible, non-conforming, or damaged entries, notices, forms, or other correspondence; or (g) any conditions arising from events beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. THE PRIZE IS GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR "AS-IS."SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FORA PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. Use of Data. Sponsor reserves the right to use any information related to the Drawing, including information on Entrants obtained through the survey, in any manner permitted by the Policies or these Rules. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all entry data (including all survey data) becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering the Drawing, each Entrant grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish Entrant’s name,username, state of residence, and any other information in the winning entry(but not winner’s responses to the survey) both online and in print, in connection with the Drawing, without additional compensation, except to the extent prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees to the use by Sponsor, without additional compensation, of his or her name and likeness for Sponsor’s advertising, marketing, and promotion, except to the extent prohibited by law.
12. No Endorsement. Nothing contained in these Rules or in any of the Drawing materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any prize manufacturers or any other third party, product, or service.
13. Mailing List. If you received an e-mail regarding the Drawing,check that email for information on how to be removed from our mailing list.
14. Intellectual Property. The Drawing and all related pages and code are copyright of Sponsor. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of the owner is strictly prohibited.